Monday, October 30, 2006

CCH eMonthly - Law Librarians Debate Student Research Skills

Back in July, The Lawyers Weekly published an article I wrote unfortunately entitled Students still unprepared for legal research (July 21, 2006, page 14). I had great feedback on the article, with the exception of a couple of students who objected to the title. In my defense, I will say I did not select the title; the editor chose something provocative to "sell" the article.

This article has now been updated and published in the CCH Law Student eMonthly (October 2006). See:
Law Librarians Debate Student Research Skills. I had more space to include additional quotes from my colleagues Laurel Murdoch, Joan Rataic-Lang, Shaunna Mireau and Neil Campbell. John Eaton is also mentioned specifically. Do have a read!

CCH Canadian is looking for material for future issues of this publication. If you have something to contribute, do contact them.

No comments: