Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New on Slaw.ca - a Redesign and an Anniversary

If you haven't visited the Slaw.ca blog lately, you must drop by!  Simon Fodden has led us in a fabulous makeover giving the site not only a new look but also new content. We now have a whole new distinguished cadre of columnists writing on justice issues, legal information, legal marketing, legal publishing, legal technology, outsourcing, and the practice of law. The re-development of Slaw was kindly assisted by a grant from the Law Foundation of Ontario.


This has meant the rest of us daily bloggers have had to pull up our socks!  My latest two blog posts were inspired (no surprise to you, dear readers) by my latest foray into conferences and presentations:

A Tale of Two Conferences:  CALL 2010 and LSUC Solo and Small Firm (May 17, 2010)

Information Work Versus Knowledge Work (May 24, 2010)

I have to say, all the conference sessions I attended and people I have spoken with over the past few weeks have given me a lot to think about. And I am feeling inspired again about blogging. Hopefully that will be reflected both here and on Slaw.

And in case you missed it, we recently celebrated the 5th anniversary of Slaw with a little party captured in this video put together by Canadian Lawyer magazine:



Incidentally, that is me running around with the macbook in the video. I was connected to Steve Matthews in B.C. via Skype so that he could see and hear what was going on at the party. We did our best to all say a few words to Steve who is a vital part of Slaw.

2 comments:

Steve Matthews said...

And I thank you for touring me around at the event!

The Canadian Lawyer video omits the fact that we were a founding foursome, including the two of us plus Simon F. and Simon C., and that all of us put many hours annually into Slaw's operations. An oversight I'm sure, but worth a mild clarification. :)

Cheers,
Steve

Connie Crosby said...

Any time, Steve! :)