Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Facebook Feature: Embed Videos onto Other Sites

Below is a video I recorded with my macbook directly into Facebook. I noticed a new feature that allows the video to be "embedded" (or posted) onto another site, so I am trying it out. Details below the video on how I did it.



I took the embed code and put it into the HTML editor here on Blogger. It is supposed to also honour any security settings I have on facebook. I marked this video so that 'everyone' can see it. I am curious to know if you can/cannot see it. Can you?

Original size above; increased size (with HTML tweaking) below.

7 comments:

Bajal said...

Yep, I can see it and I'm not logged on to Facebook.

By the way, is this as big it can get?

Connie Crosby said...

Hi Bajal:

That is the size it codes automatically (180 X 240). If you know how to tweak the HTML code, you can change the size. I have just successfully changed it to 360 X 480, but the quality isn't as good. Will post both for comparison purposes.

Connie Crosby said...

By the way, it is interesting how, when I make it better, I see a title added to the still picture with the larger size. Interesting.

Anonymous said...

It would be interesting to see a trial where only Facebook friends have access.

Connie Crosby said...

When I test that out I'll let you know, Michelle. It would be good to know (not sure how useful that would be, though!).

Kevin said...

Hi, i know this was posted in december.

but as of recently, it seems that facebook has changed things up (once again) and I can no longer see your videos. This is happening to me too, as i'm trying to embed my video onto a freewebs site.
Could you email me back if u find a solution to this??
kevo224@gmail.com

Thanks

Connie Crosby said...

Hi Kevin:

Thank you for pointing this out. I didn't change my privacy settings, so you are right, it must be something on Facebook's side. I will let you know if I figure anything out.

Cheers,
Connie