Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Ottawa Teaching for the Professional Learning Centre

You know, I take on projects and forget to tell folks about them. Monday and Tuesday this week I will be in the fabulous City of Ottawa teaching my Social Networking Tools: Hands On Learning course. I have just missed Winterlude by a few days unfortunately. Everyone here is sure psyched about Winterlude! Will have to time that better next year.

Regardless, I am looking forward to meeting the participants and guiding them through the survey of popular tools that are out there including Google Reader, Wordpress, PBWiki, del.icio.us, MySpace, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, Twitter, and Second Life. It is a lot to cover in one day, a lot to absorb. We'll see if they are up to the test! If you are in the Ottawa area, if you hurry there may still be room in Tuesday's class.

For those closer to Toronto, we have added two more dates: Friday, March 28, 2008 and Thursday, May 15, 2008. See the Toronto course description for details.

One of the first things I want to do in my new incarnation is to spend some time developing more courses in this area. The Social Networking Tools course is a survey course for the beginner to intermediate level. I would like to take some of these topics to the next level for everyone, something in the intermediate to advanced level. My idea is to develop a course about wikis, and then one about RSS feeds to start. What I need to know is, what form would people like to see these in? And what other courses would you like to see from me? I am open to all ideas--in person classes, electronic classes, half day, full day, or something that runs over several weeks. The Professional Learning Centre at the Faculty of Information Studies, University of Toronto, has been very supportive of my first course and have really given me some fantastic freedom to develop what I like to follow it up. But, it only makes sense if I give you what you want to see.

Let me know! Drop me a comment here on the blog or email me directly conniecrosby (at) gmail.com.

Cheers,
Connie

No comments: