Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Aggregating Law Blog Feeds - Florida Lawyers Blog Watch

It is no surprise that I have been following Steve Matthews' work. His latest project is a great idea, one that certainly can expand to other jurisdictions: he has created the Florida Lawyers Blog Watch. Florida lawyers are particularly prolific when it comes to blogging. Steve, along with Ron Chapman, has rolled together feeds of 36 blogs and republished a feed of the 50 latest posts from the feed. And they invite more feeds if there are other blogging Florida lawyers out there!

I find the range of subjects quite interesting--from litigation to tax to personal injury to criminal defense. There are unique blogs on lethal injection and (my personal favourite) cruise ship law. I wonder if my friendly editor of the Blawg Review has seen this yet?

This is a terrific example of what can be done with RSS feeds, whether out on the web for everyone to use or inside the organization. Yesterday on Slaw Elizabeth Ellis wrote about practice-specific RSS feeds for use on a law firm portal. Once we have identified a lot of law-related feeds that are out there, the next step will be to slice and dice (or perhaps filter out) feeds or specific posts/items according to subject.

We are just at the beginning of RSS feed use, people--myself included--are just awakening to the things that can be done with these feeds. It will be interesting to see what else we come up with. I know I still have things to learn in this area, and will be making a concerted effort over the next few months to learn about feeds and what can be done with them. The Florida Lawyers Blog Watch and Steve's other RSS feed project, LegalPubs.ca, are just the start!

Trackback

1 comment:

Personal Injury Lawyer Broward County said...

Great Post! You have explained a lot. I am a lawyer in Broward County. I represent personal injury cases. So, I am very much familiar with these accidental cases. I enjoyed your post. It is very informative. I will keep stay.