Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Library Camp NYC - Tues. August 14, 2007

I have been watching with great envy as Library Camp in New York City grows with more participants and potential sessions. I am the one grinch on the sign-up page to state bitterly that I won't be attending and why oh why did they put it mid-week? Well, I can't complain too loudly since I manage to get to a lot of pretty great events. I am very happy they are doing something cool and exciting in NYC (I may partly be bitter because I hate to miss any opportunity to go to NYC).

So, the question is, when are we going to do a Library Camp North? I'm already well committed into October on the Northeast Regional Law Libraries Meeting but that conference will be specific to law libraries and will have a very different "look and feel" to it. I would love to see library types in these-here parts (Toronto area or thereabouts) get together to do something similar.

Would you be willing to lead the way??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The day of the week was a perfectly-valid concern. :)

Good luck with Library Camp North - maybe it's time to open up a Library Camp page on the Library Success wiki so people can learn from each other how to plan and host them?