Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Been Busy, But Back to Blogging!

It has greatly pained me to be away from you, my dear blog readers! Since Saturday I was at the CALL conference in Ottawa, connecting with lots of people. Unfortunately I didn't have very good web access. My macbook wouldn't connect to the ethernet connection in my room, and I was loathe to spend an hour on the phone with the hotel's tech support trying to get it to work. Most of the conference session rooms I was in did not have wireless (one room I was in had it intermittently).

I did, however, manage to connect with lots of readers. I am delighted so many of you introduced yourselves to me! That was as much of a thrill for me as it was for you since rarely do I find out who is reading these little ambling thoughts that I post. It is very rewarding to know that you are reading along and enjoy what I have to say. Thanks so much for all of your kind words!

Before CALL 2007 I was running around trying to get work under control, still catching up from Computers in Libraries conference, and I also attended one or two neat social events in the city and met lots of people there, too.

Tomorrow I am heading to the OALT/ABO conference. I am giving an introduction on knowledge management called "Bringing Sexy Back: how knowledge management makes work sexier". I hope it will be a light but meaningful look at KM and our role, as library staff, in KM. If you will be there, please do say hello! I would love to meet you and hear about your projects.

I hope to have a little down time soon to post on all of this. I did find it frustrating to not be able to post here during CALL since it is always more efficient just to post "live" while I am at a talk.

While I was away, the National, the magazine of the Canadian Bar Association, published my little article on legal research (on page 9). Thanks to the editors for inviting my contribution! My colleagues at Slaw also gave a write-up which was a nice ego boost when I saw it after a long day of travel.

Cheers,
Connie

1 comment:

Meg said...

Welcome back, Connie!

I always have to fiddle with my ethernet settings when I connect my PowerBook at hotels. Pure guesswork and such a pain. Fie on wireless-less hotels!