Thursday, November 17, 2005

Communities of Interest meet-up


Communities of Interest meet-up, originally uploaded by ConnieC.

After the sessions, tables were set up on various topics to allow "communities of interest" to gather. A small fraction of the delegates took part. It wasn't really set up for a larger crowd. The collaborative tools group, which I was interested in joining when I got out of the last session, was already deep in discussion when I arrived. They seemed pretty focused on a specific topic and I really didn't feel like trying to break my way in. It would have been nice if they had some sort of intake/welcoming mechanism to allow newcomers to integrate. I opted instead to take a few photos and work on some of my content while watching the general interaction in the room.

[Follow-up note: Darlene Fichter has shared notes from the discussion on the conference wiki]

No comments: