Thursday, March 22, 2007

Talk to Special Libraries class at University of Toronto on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0


FIS Special Libraries Class
Originally uploaded by ConnieC.
Courtesy of course instructor Vicki Whitmell, I spoke to the Special Libraries class at the University of Toronto Tuesday night and snapped this pic at the end of the presentation. Considering I gave no one warning, it turned out pretty good I think.

I had a canned presentation on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0, and supplemented that with more interesting visits to the websites themselves with little mini-tours. It was fun to show them the two tools librarians discovered in the past couple of weeks, Twitter and Ning. I think probably LinkedIn will be a good tool for this group in job hunting--we had fun looking at the bios of some of the people they recognized.

Thanks to the class for their interest, and for the questions during and after class. If anyone has other questions for me, don't hesitate to email! connieblog@sympatico.ca

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, where's the presentation? Sounds like a really good day! Wish I could have been there.