Wednesday, May 07, 2008

ooVoo Rocks

Oh hey, remember I told you about participating in ooVoo Day back in February? ooVoo is the new video chat tool that allows up to 6 people to chat at any one time. I just heard from Scott Monty of crayon who were doing the promotion of this tool--they have edited a very cool video of our experience. And check it out--I am totally in there from beginning to end. You hear me at the beginning talking about teaching "social networking tools to librarians" and it goes on from there.

Well, I feel like a rockstar, I must say. And will now feel compelled to get other folks using ooVoo, too. I have to tell you, I have been using ooVoo as a tool in my new business as well. Can't wait to tell you how! If you do get on ooVoo, look me up if you want to give it a try. ;-)

3 comments:

Greg Schwartz said...

Of course, the problem is that librarians have such a low self-image, by and large, that they'll be super-afraid of this technology. I found it near-impossible to get anyone to try it out with me (other than you). We need to figure out how to do some sort of show using it.

Connie Crosby said...

I put in a proposal with Internet Librarian to talk about this and other similar technologies (Seesmic, Utterz, Talkshoe, BlogTV...)and would love a hand with it if they agree to the session.

I agree, we need to show people.

The cool thing with ooVoo is that it can be a totally private conversation. No audience, no recording. Just free video chat. Awesome.

Greg Schwartz said...

Yeah, that is cool, but I'm interested in going to opposite direction. Show me how I can turn ooVoo into a production platform for a TwiT-like show.

I'll be happy to demo it with you at IL. Assuming I'm there and it doesn't conflict with anything I have to do, of course.

Incidentally, I'm really digging the Seesmic video commenting on Open Stacks right now.