Monday, October 15, 2007

Where's Connie? or, Here Comes Your 19th Nervous Breakdown

LOL! As if things weren't dizzying enough, a number of projects I have been working towards will be taking flight these next few weeks. Here is what I have on board:

Oct. 15 - Third Tuesday Toronto

The folk at Thornley Fallis are doing it again, bringing in a stellar speaker to the PR social media community. This month it is not taking place actually on Tuesday, but we will forgive them that. Speaker will be Darren Barefoot. My first time out at Third Tuesday I plunked myself at a table of marketers who were truly puzzled as to why a law librarian was in their midst - until I started talking about blogging and creating a brand through strategic web presence. This is still something many PR/marketing folk are trying to get their heads around. That is precisely why Joseph Thornley and his friends have developed this speaker series. It has been so popular it now takes place not only in Ottawa and Toronto, but also in Vancouver.

Oct. 17 - 20 - 4th Northeast Regional Law Libraries Meeting ("NE2007"): Libraries Without Borders 2 - Toronto

After 3 1/2 years of planning, 9 chapters of the American Association of Law Libraries and the Toronto Association of Law Libraries hosting, we are finally doing it! Scores of delegates, vendors and speakers will be flocking to the Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre to explore what law librarianship and the legal industry looks like today and will be in the future. It has been my distinct privilege to co-chair this conference with some amazingly smart, insightful and energetic colleagues. I can't wait for everyone to get here finally and to enjoy the moment!! If you have hesitated about buying a ticket for the program, or would like just to come out for the banquet, it is not too late. Contact me directly to register.

Oct 25- 26 - 8th International Law Via the Internet - Montreal

I will be participating as a panelist in "New doctrines, new channels" along with Darrel Pink of CANLII and Peter Martin of Cornell University. Our moderator will be Daniel Poulin of Lexum. I have a lot to say on this one and am still working on gathering my thoughts and web examples.

Oct 27 - 28 - PodCamp Boston

In one short year Boston has become the mecca for podcasters and other new social media types. Ever since the original PodCamp, originated in Boston, this concept has spread world-wide. Last February at PodComp Toronto I met PodCamp originators Chris Brogan and Chris Penn and have since been heavily influenced by their ideas on social media strategy and community building. I have also connected with quite a few people in this area and look forward to reconnecting with them and meeting others.

Nov. 7 - Social Networking Tools: Hands on Learning - Ottawa

I will be teaching this popular one-day workshop again, this time in Ottawa. One day has already filled. Sign up now while there is still room! This is a nice introductory survey to applications such as blogs, wikis, RSS feed readers and other popular social networking tools. If you have any questions about the course, feel free to email me directly conniecrosby (at) gmail.com.

Nov. 23 & 29 - Social Networking Tools: Hands on Learning - Toronto

Back by popular demand, we have slated this course twice more in Toronto. We held it three times over the summer and it was a sell-out with a waiting list every time. Sign up now to avoid disappointment!

~ * ~ * ~
My favourite part about taking part in events such as these is connecting with people. I learn so much from others and take away so much of their energy and positive spirit. I hope if you are at any of these events that you will be sure to say hello to me!

1 comment:

Chris Brogan said...

Here's a woman getting things done! Look at you! Wow! Congratulations on all that you're doing, and good luck bringing the unwashed masses to the social media skill farm. : )