Monday, February 26, 2007

Newly Re-energized!




I am completely exhausted, and yet completely re-energized at the same time. How is that possible? Last week in NYC speaking at the Ark conference, and then spending the weekend at Podcamp, I have learned so much, met so many people, and collected so many ideas! Some I have already put into place: Chris Brogan and other podcamper's network ethic to follow up with people immediately after an event to keep the contact and keep the conversation going. It is challenging when I have met at least 25 new people in 4 days. Remembering who was interested in what and how to continue that conversation is an intellectual challenge, albeit a stimulating, interesting, and enjoyable one!

I spent a good part of last night and this morning sending people LinkedIn invitations and holding follow-up discussions on our common interests. I also did some follow-up work on the podcamp toronto blog and tried to keep up with all the email! And, I was trying to get caught up on my "day job" in between.

The other thing which has really stuck with me is the idea that, if I am going to get into podcasting or videopodcasting (or what have you), I should stop being hung up on thinking it through too much, and JUST DO IT. I am so motivated, I just want to sit and start creating episodes. But, I have other nice little commitments to work on before I can do that. I need to sit and do some solid writing, workshop/presentation planning, and conference planning work. So, I am turning my energies to those things to see how what I have learned can apply to those areas. And I have a lot of great ideas on how to kick-start all of this for me. Again, I just want to roll up my sleeves and DO IT!

I think, once I get some solid sleep, it is going to be a fun month. And for February/March in Toronto, that is saying A LOT!

Cheers,
Connie

2 comments:

Chris Brogan said...

By the way, the legal bloggers I know and am friends with are Matthew Homann and Denise Howell. Do you know them? If not, let me connect you. They're really nice folks. : )

Great to see your energy! Now, let's see where it propels you.

Connie Crosby said...

I do know Matt, but not Denise. I met Matt last year f2f at a conference. He has kindly been a sounding board for me in the past. I agree, a terrific guy!

Thanks for the encouragement.