Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hello from New York

Well, it has been hectic but now I get to rest for a day. I have been in NYC attending an Ark Group conference on Law Firm Library Management Best Practices, moderated by Joel Alleyne. Yesterday morning I spoke on Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. I've had great feedback from it. The challenge was trying to speak to the wide range of experience in the room.

Joel spoke today on Communities of Practice and Social Networks. I have heard him speak before on CoP (to Toronto Association of Law Libraries several years back), but things have advanced so much since then it really was quite a larger talk. I am always impressed by how much he knows when he speaks, too. He's not just a pretty face, that is for sure!

My colleague who was here with me, Shaunna, shared this with me today: I had a fantastic mention in by Dennis Kennedy and Tom Mighell in the ABA's Law Practice Today. See the article.

Anyway, I look forward to a little sightseeing tomorrow. Well, we are in for a snowstorm apparently today. But at least I am in New York, which always gives me a thrill.

And then on to Podcamp Saturday and Sunday! Jim Milles and I are speaking on "What to Podcast" first thing Saturday morning. Jim has another talk that afternoon on grassroots podcasting in the academic setting. Can't wait!

Cheers,
Connie

No comments: