Friday, September 23, 2005

Run for the Cure on Sunday, October 2nd




Each year I participate in the 5 km walk portion of the CIBC Run for the Cure. This year will be no exception!

The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure is an extraordinary single-day experience that unites more than 170,000 Canadians in over 40 communities across the country. Together, we're raising millions of dollars to fund innovative and relevant breast cancer research, education, and awareness programs in the communities where you live. Last year, we raised $21 million.

I am running this year in honour of my dear friend and "workout buddy" Anne who has been battling breast cancer (and winning handily, I might add) since April. If you would like to support my walk, please visit my web profile. You make a secure donation by credit card, and then will receive a charitable receipt (useful only in Canada I expect!) by e-mail about 20 minutes later.

For any Toronto-based friends reading this, I invite you to join me in the walk and to do a little fundraising yourself!

Cheers,
Connie

No comments: