Thursday, November 10, 2011

Are You Using Plaxo? How to Delete Your Account

A discussion on one of my listservs about Plaxo got me thinking about why I had signed up for it, and why I still had an account. It was many years ago that I signed on (probably when it was first launched). I signed on to see what it is about, but rarely went back. Few of my contacts were there, and those were mostly contacts I have connection with on other sites. So, I decided to delete my account and document the process for everyone.

Do you use Plaxo? I am curious to know what value you are getting from it. Why do you use it?

How to delete your Plaxo account


1. Go to the Plaxo site http://www.plaxo.com and click on the "sign in" button.




2. Sign in. If you don't remember your password, ask for a password reminder. Hopefully you remember the email address you used to sign up!




3. Once you successfully sign in, click on the drop down menu under your name. Then click on "Settings".



4. On the first screen under "Account info" find the line that says "If you no longer want to use Plaxo, you can delete your account." Click on the words "delete your account" (in blue).



5.  Plaxo will ask you to confirm the deletion. Note that this deletion (and the deletion of all your contacts) will be permanent. It asks you to review what will be deleted. If you prefer, there is a way to download your content from the very first screen (under "Sync and Back Up" in the menu at the top). I didn't bother with that since I did not have much content or many contacts.

Plaxo also asks for your reasons for leaving, and what they could have done better to keep you to stay.


6. Click on the blue "Delete account" button (above) and voila! your account has been permanently deleted.


2 comments:

Deb Hunt said...

Thanks, Connie! Exactly what I needed to know to delete the account.

Plaxo help said...

Connie Crosby,

We're sorry to see you leave.. We hope you would re-join our services in the near future to check on our improvements..

Feel free to drop us an email anytime, if you need help with Plaxo - www.plaxo.com/ask