Tuesday, January 03, 2006

CALL/ACBD 2006 - "Cool Things" Session - Call for Presenters

Today Josette McEachern sent out a renewed call for presenters, both live presentations and poster presentations for the "Cool Things I am Doing in my Law Library" session to be held at the upcoming CALL/ACBD conference in May. See her notice posted at: Canadian Association of Law Libraries - 2006 Annual Conference. They are in need of more presenters to make this session fly!

CALL/ACBD members: let's keep this tradition going!

Last year I had a lot of fun putting together both types of presentations about my blog. Anyone who would like tips on putting together a poster presentation, do ask me.

Here are some ideas I posted today to the CALL-L email list which might trigger some great ideas for presentations:

- student / lawyer / professor training
- marketing library services
- team-building ideas for library staff
- library contributions to intranets
- negotiating vendor contracts
- alternatives to the usual library newsletter
- use of RSS feeds
- "cool" knowledge management ideas
- internal use of blogs or wikis

I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Cheers,
Connie

No comments: