Saturday, January 12, 2013

A New Year, a New Attitude

Hi folks! I hope 2013 is treating you well so far. It has already been quite interesting for me.

 I should mention that 2012 was a bit slow on the consulting side, so I jumped head first into teaching. I became parttime professor at Durham College in their new Legal Research and Information Management program. The first cohort are fantastic, the folks at Durham have been fantastic, and the learning curve has been steep! But, I made it through the first semester teaching the communication course.

 This semester I am teaching the knowledge management and social media course, almost completely online. This course is also an option for DC's Mediation - Alternative Dispute Resolution program. Most of the content will be in a private space, but I may from time to time share some of what I am posting publicly in case you are interested. We are still settling into our platforms, but at some point I hope to share what I decided to use and how it works.

 The next post is a "viewing guide" for a very interesting lecture by David Weinberger. I decided to share this because I was planning on posting the video here anyway, and thought others might find the guilde helpful. I'd love your feedback.

 Happy 2013!

No comments: